On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 09:35:37AM -0400, Andrew W. Gaunt wrote:

> Does anyone on this list have experience with ancient HP hardware
> running HP-UX? I've got some servers coming my way (need to support
> them) and they are coming to me sans keyboard/monitor. They are
> HP 382 machines (so I'm told) I know very little about them. Apparently
> they use an HIL keyboard (I interpret this as can't use a PC keyboard) and
> they display VGA/SVGA resolution but, I'm not going to assume I can
> simply plug a PC monitor into it. What I'd like to do, if possible, is have
> them configured to run headless, ie. serial console if that is possible and
> maintainable. This way I won't need to scrounge around for scruffy old
> keyboards and monitors, rather, I would simply conect them to a terminal
> server and be done (like good old SUN hardware). Is is possible? Am
> I dreaming?

I recall that all the HP-UX systems I have used had this capability.
I don't recall this exact model however... (YMMV)

All the models I used starting with, I believe, Motorola CPU based models
and thence to "Snakes" (PA-RISC CPU) did.

--
speech recognition software was used in the composition of this e-mail
¡Ya no mas!