On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:27:03 -0500
Fred <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you need to install it to an existing drive with no free partitions, then
> you'll need to repartition that drive. There are ways of doing this under
> Linux, but I would not recommend this approach for a neophyte.  "Partition
> Magic" under Windows apparently recognizes Linux partitions, but I have had
> no experience using it. Besides, I usually partition my drives right the
> first time! :-)
GNU Parted works fine, and if you want a Partition Magic style,
QTParted does a very nice job. SuSE's YaST and Red Hat's Disk Druid
will both repartition successfully. I used to always carry a bootable
Partition Magic to installfests, but instead I use either the Linux
installer (Disk Druid or YaST), or I boot a Knoppix Cd and use
QTParted.
--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group