On Oct 20, 2006, at 11:31 AM, Michael ODonnell wrote:

FYI, I've done some digging and it appears that since
late 2005 RHAT have been shipping tzdata RPMs which (if
you believe the changelog at the RHN site) will do the
right thing when the DST apocalypse comes in March 2007.

I assume (but have not confirmed) that Debian have been
similarly proactive...

Yeah, I was just reviewing the changelog of tzdata 2006m (year-and- version) and had not appreciated how often *someone* *somewhere* changes their rules on DST. The "mth" change was released for FC5 on 10-10:

http://fedoranews.org/cms/node/1681

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com