See http://www.pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=882&sid=790b0250ceaa189090e790e53c445505

  Comcast does randomize their frequency usage, which is a big nono for them to do, but they do it apperently.

  But basically, you just have to find the frequency.  There are utilizites that will scan for them, but they're frequency may not make sense compared to their actual channel.

  Bear in mind, this is for NON ENCRYPTED HD signals.  Some channels transmitted in HD will more then likely be encrypted, which you'd need a special card to be able to tune in, which I believe Comcast will sell to you, but it may be hard to get in touch with the right person to buy one.  These are the same cards they'd put in an HDTivo to allow it to receieve HD content over cable.  Unfortionatly for me, sat companies dont sell these beasts.  *sigh*

  Thomas

On 11/8/06, Paul Lussier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dave Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> You can also just plug in the coax to a HDTV with a digital tuner and
> get the same result.

Hmm, I didn't know that.  How do I find the HD channels?  When I tune
my TV to the channel number advertised by Comcast, I get a black
screen. Presumably that number is only meaningful to their box.
--
Seeya,
Paul