On 12/26/06, hewitt_tech <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
How about using the LinkSys RV042/82 series router which has dual wide area
network connections and can do load balancing?

 How about cutting some text when quoting a message?  ;-)  (Your
2-line reply quoted 50 lines of original.)

 Netiquette aside...

 I wasn't aware of those products.  The RV082 looks like a neat little box.

 Do you have any experience with those boxes doing what Bruce wants
to do?  That is, have one user (LAN IP address) associated with one
WAN feed, and another user associated with the other WAN feed?  The
user manual doesn't make it clear if that is even supposed to be
possible, and LinkSys doesn't always deliver on their claims even when
they are clear.  :)

 Any info on hackability of the RV082/RV042 units?  In particular,
can they be hacked to run a custom Linux firmware?  I found
http://tinyurl.com/y7hn9b but it's mainly speculation, and about a
year old.  I found http://openixp.phj.hu/ but it appears to be
stagnant.

 Cheers,