About 2 years ago I bought a Microtel computer with Xandros installed. It has performed almost flawlessly and has weaned me almost completely from Windows. Since it was an OEM version of Xandros, however, I was not provided with a user's manual. I really want a deeper understanding of Linux. Xandros will sell me the missing user's manual, but I have a hunch I can do better. For example, I would like to know the purpose and structure of the zillion files referenced during boot. I have played with a few Bash commands, but I am not very comfortable with them. I have a copy of _/Linux in a Nutshell./_ I think I am looking for a basic book on Debian Linux. I went to www.debian.org, but there were too many choices. What are your suggestions.

Karl