Ben Scott wrote:
On Dec 30, 2007 1:16 PM, Bruce Labitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there a simple way to swap eth0 and eth1?

  You're running Fedora, right?  If so, get to a root shell prompt,
and do the following:

service network stop
cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
mv ifcfg-eth0 ifcfg-tmp
mv ifcfg-eth1 ifcfg-eth0
mv ifcfg-tmp ifcfg-eth1
# now swap the actual network cables (don't type this line :)  )
service network start

  Unless you've got something referencing the actual network
interfaces -- which is unusual, most things use IP addresses -- this
should work fine.  The one question mark might be the firewall.  If
needed, you can reconfigure it using the command:

system-config-securitylevel

You will also need to edit the ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 files to actually say DEVICE=eth0 and DEVICE=eth1 respectively.
Since udev is on by default (at least in FC8), you will need to edit /etc/udev/... (Mike ODonnell mentioned this in another post).
You may also find /etc/modules.conf needs editing.
I do a grep -r eth0 /etc/* to find all the relevant places when I need to do this sort of thing.

begin:vcard
fn:Dan Jenkins
n:Jenkins;Dan
org:Rastech Inc.
adr:;;21 Curtis Lane;Bedford;NH;03110;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Technical Director
tel;work:1-603-206-9951
x-mozilla-html:FALSE