-----Original Message-----
I get a bunch of rules for EST / EDT, so I think I have US/Eastern properly
selected.  I did md5sum it, and then I md5summed the files
in /usr/share/zoneinfo, and there's no match, which is interesting.
Googling the md5sum of my /etc/localtime I see other people with the
'New_York' file with the same sum, so probably something in Fedora
isn't/didn't upgrade /etc/localtime last time a zonefile update came out.
Oops!

-Bill
-------
And I reckon that would have been early 2007 implementing the Energy Policy
Act of 2005's daylight savings time date changes...  But you'd think that'd
leave you an hour off during only a few weeks of the year, not at GMT.
Puzzling.

        -Michael Pelletier.