On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 09:32:43AM -0400, Mark Komarinski wrote:
> Here's the things that Ubuntu gets right, at least on the desktop:
[...]
> - no need for root.  There's almost no need to log in as root.  You're
> automatically set up with sudo access and everything goes through that.
> For a desktop that's perfect for me.  Fedora still had some areas where
> you needed the root password, some you could do via sudo.

What do you need the root password to do in Fedora?  The
workstation I'm sitting at right now is FC8, 'yum upgraded' from
FC2->3->4->5->6->7, and the only time I've ever used the root
password was the very first login after installing FC2, to run
'visudo' and add my user account to wheel.  I'm not even 100% sure I
know what the root password on this box is anymore.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          OpenPGP KeyID 0x57C3430B
Holder of Past Knowledge           CS, O-