On 08/25/2009 09:23 AM, jk...@kinz.org wrote:
>  Hi all - I notice that  comcast has dropped its dhcp lease times down
>  to about 15 minutes, it used to be a number of hours, which is rather
>  longer.   I wonder if its possible to somehow have the dhcp requests
>  ask for a longer lease period?  Anyone know, how If its possible?

You can request a longer lease time, but not compel it. That is up to
Comcast's DHCP server configuration.
If you use dhclient, it is the dhcp-lease-time option, which is sent as
part of the send request if I recollect.
I've never used it.

I just checked my last few Comcast leases have been about 220,000
seconds each (60 hours). I've had the same IP number for a couple of years.