Ben Scott wrote:
> I know many UPSes don't like the output from some generators, for
> example -- they stay on battery (which runs down and then drops the
> load).  So I know just going to Home Depot and buying something off
> the shelf is probabbly a bad idea.  But I wouldn't know what to look
> for if I was asked to review a proposal.

I had not thought of that. Even though the UPSes are keeping the servers
up, I don't know if the UPSes consider the generator power good. I'll
have to check next week. We had proposed putting tiny UPSes on the
network switches and access points so as to keep that stuff working, but
a tiny UPS might not keep up devices for the 10 to 15 minute outage.

Thanks everyone for the interesting discussion I've seen so far.