Neil Joseph Schelly wrote:
> On Thursday 17 September 2009 06:17:39 pm H. Kurth Bemis wrote:
>
>> Take a look at LogicSupply (logicsupply.com).  They have a pretty good
>> selection of compact systems.  Atom based systems too.
>>

> I was looking at Intel Core-based architectures and processors because I aim
> to use an ideal little Shuttle box for this:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856101070
>
> It's got room for 4 SATA drives, no display card (it'll run headless), and 2
> PCI-x and 2 eSATA connectors for further expansion.  A lot of the other
> barebones boxes, like at logicsupply.com, don't have room for many or any
> drives.
> -N

Another alternative that I have had some experience with is Aopen's Mini
PC MP945-VX. I've got 4 of these systems running with almost excellent
reliability. The systems I built had Intel dual core CPUs, 120 GB SATA
2.5 inch hard drives and 1 GB of RAM. After two years one system lost
it's hard drive which I was able to RMA to Seagate and replace. The
systems run quite cool and have plenty of punch. The systems I installed
also had blue tooth/802.11b/g adapters.  Another alternative of course
is Apple's Mac Mini running Windows.

-Alex