Ben Scott wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:53 AM, Hewitt_Tech <hewitt_t...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> P.S. I think the above advice just echoes the same message on this list
>> several times in the last couple of years. ;^)
>>

>   Indeed.
>
>   Most consumer gear like LinkSys, D-Link, Belkin, NetGear et. al., is
> cheaply designed, even more cheaply manufactured, and supported
> not-at-all.  That's why you can get a router for a buck.  :)
>
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Hewitt_Tech <hewitt_t...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I would say that back when Linksys was a standalone company they
>> did a much better job supporting their gear but that was at least 4 or
>> 5 years ago.
>>

>   YMMV, I guess.  I had dealt with LinkSys support well before Cisco
> bought them, and they sucked then, too.
>
>   FWIW, I do still buy LinkSys and similar stuff for light home use.
> When it breaks, I tell people to throw it out and buy a new one.  We
> live in a disposable society, unfortunately.
>
> -- Ben

I was finally able to get Linksys to issue an RMA. The customer service
people transferred me back to their technical support side this morning
and after I explained to the tech that power cycling the router would
make it work again for anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 or 4 hours she went
off to talk to her supervisor after which she told me that they agreed
there was something wrong and she then transferred me back to customer
service and an RMA was issued.

I had the curious feeling though that I was like a gambling addict
determined to win back money I had lost earlier ;^)

-Alex