>> Does anyone know how to enable at-spi2 support in emacs?

>Obviously, I think that you are smart enough to find atspi.el here:
>  http://delysid.org/atspi.el
>...and of course the comments in the elisp code list some
>dependencies.
>
>After you'll pulled down everything and installed the dependencies,you might
>try typing something like:
>
>   M-x load-file /some/path/to/atspi.el

>Later on you might try adding something like:
>   (require 'atspi)
>...to your .emacs file.

Thank you very much for that.
I have since learned that atspi2 is a multitude of small functions. That file
implements some, but not the one I need.
"atspi2.el is a client library for AT-SPI2 written in Emacs-Lisp. It is meant
to write a screen reader, or similar,
in Emacs Lisp.  However, it does not do any toolkit bridge tasks, so
what you are looking for is not implemented/handled in atspi2.el."
So I took that file, and my problem, to the emacs developers list, and there
was much enthusiasm for adding the functions that haven't been implemented.

New problem: What's the best way to learn lisp? Anyone have a favorite book or
on-line site?