On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen
<roz...@geekspace.com> wrote:
>> I remember buying an external 9600 BPS modem for someone from one of
>> the NC Shows.
>
> I think I got my first Linux distro from one :)

  I got my first Linux distro from Jon "maddog" Hall and DEC when
Linus Torvalds came to speak to UNH.  :-D  Red Hat Linux 2.1.

  At the time, I was new to this you-nicks thing.  I wish I had been
smart enough to get it autographed...

> Sadly, I saw *zero* Linux showing at the last show I attended
> (which, I guess, brings me back to the previous topic...)

  That's market dynamics for you.  Everyone knows what MS-Windows is.
Not everyone knows what Linux is.  Thus, it seems like a better idea
to show MS-Windows.

  Of course, if you have more than one PC, showing both might attract
special interest from the Linux crowd.

-- Ben