I was off working for a defense contractor for five years and have been
more or less retired for the last two years. Back when my colleague Bill
Sconce passed away our mutual client contacted me and I now do
occasional work for them. Around 8 years ago I installed a CentOS server
for the client and the system has been bubbling along with very little
intervention every since. As you might imagine the client is loath to
replace his server with anything less reliable and to that end I have
been getting the site ready to upgrade to a new server running the
current version of CentOS. This has been a humbling experience because
when you aren't hands on for long periods you need to relearn what
previously was second nature. So I'll be on here periodically asking
questions and possibly sharing information.

BTW, the government uses Linux a lot more than most people are aware and
it is often hidden within the framework of applications provided by
third parties.

-Alex