I don't know if dd works. I've done this several times using freely available
utilities.  In one case I tried and it failed.  I simply used a different
utility and it worked.  I was impressed with the results, particularly with
dramatically improved boot times.

Sorry to be vague. You were asking about dd.  If you're interested in which
utility(s) I used just let me know.  I should have records.  The last time was
a year ago.

Greg

⁣Get TypeApp for Android ​