Good idea.  I'll have to get a thumb drive to try it out.

I think my fatal mistake was installing pop-os while my Logitech keyboard was
installed.  It thinks it's the default keyboard, not the laptop keyboard.  At
home, I always have a wireless mouse & keyboard set-up.  Going on the road, I
don't want to carry that stuff.  I just don't seem to know where or how to find
the appropriate configuration files anymore.  X11 files are basically empty.
Basically haven't kept up with the more modern setups.  Systemd et. al.

My laptop keyboard works, at least many of the keys, but some don't.  Has to be
a mapping thing.  The Logitech unifying receiver was unplugged but it is still
using a Logitech keyboard mapping on my native keyboard.  Some letters don't
type at all, others type some other character.  Some letters won't capitalize,
but others do.  Of course you know that some of those characters are in my
password, so it's annoying as all get out.

The System 76 keyboard program thinks I have a Logitech keyboard attached but
it isn't.  I see no place to select your actual keyboard with X number of keys
anymore.  Like 105 keys. This has been hidden from the user.  I don't like this
at all.  I don't know where the capability is currently located.

Picking keyboards used to be relatively easy.  I realize this is making me
sound even older, but, hey I am older, and with some luck I will continue to
get older.

I'm just hoping that changing the default keyboard hasn't been removed.  So if
someone knows where the heck a simple human readable keyboard config file is,
please point me in the right direction, or tell me it isn't possible.  This
stuff should be easy, if it isn't then something is truly wrong...

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​