Hi everybody!  <--- Impression of Dr. Nick from "The Simpsons"

Okay, so I've been hidously guilty of dragging my feet on the whole
"New Internet server" thing.  Actualy, it's more like I've encased my
feet in concrete.  I'm guilty.  I'm trying to remedy that.

I've just put some info on the GNHLUG website about this project.  Top
page here:

http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Organizational/InternetServer

Check out the "Approach" page so you know the method to my madness.

ACTION ITEMS

> Mailing list <

I think we should have a separate mailing list for server/IT
administration, to keep from flooding this channel.  Proposed name:
<gnhlug-sysadmin>.  I didn't get any objections last time I floated
this idea (if you have any, speak now!).  Who here knows what is
needed to make a new list on the GNHLUG list server?

> Invitation <

I propose kicking things off with a general announcement inviting
those interested in helping.  See:

http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Organizational/ServerAnnounce

Once the new list is up, I propose sending that to gnhlug-announce.  Objections?

> Time pressure <

Bruce, you mentioned that certain upgrades on your servers will be
happening soon.  What were those, and when would they be happening?

-- Ben "Glacial progress" Scott