On 1/23/07, Bill McGonigle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
getting MythTV working properly is often a function of the inputs and
outputs that the user has.  So, lugging in the Satellite Dish and Big
Screen TV might be a hard thing to do.

 As I said, we'd need RF feeds.  Specifically, we would want OTA and
Comcast.  Comcast because they are the dominant cable provider in this
area.  OTA would give us analog and digital signals to tune to.
Comcast will give us the analog cable, plus the local broadcast
channels in QAM-in-the-clear (hopefully; one never can tell with cable
co's).  Assuming the right geography, even a temporary antenna should
be able to get us *some* OTA signal, so then all we need is the analog
cable feed.  Trickier than our usual venue selection process ("Does it
have a roof?") but doable, I think.

 Can satellite even work with MythTV?  I know HD sat sure won't.

 Outputs are a lot simpler.  For the most part, one HD TV is as good
as another.  Sure, there are differences, especially when you start
tweaking at the high-end of high-def, but getting it working at the
'fest would get people most, if not all, the way there.

-- Ben