Date and Time:
==============
Saturday, March 3rd, 10:00 A.M.

Place:
======
InstallFest Location
- NHTI Campus
- Little Hall (Building K on map)
- Lab Room 231 (second floor about half-way down the hallway)

http://www.nhti.edu/welcome/directions.htm

Things to bring:
================
o Your system (obviously)
o Some blank CD-Rs (or even better, CD-RW) or even DVD blanks
o An external DVD burner, if you have one (Jarod, Ben, Maddog, Shawn all
said they could bring one...I don't think we will need any more for only
eight systems.
o An idea of how you want this hooked up at home (OTA, Cable, what type
of cable box you have, etc.)
o Keyboards or mice or any type of special peripheral that might cause
installation issues.
o Notebook and pen for taking notes about what was done for your unit.

Things not needed:
==================
Monitors.

> I'm curious; do we have an attendance count?

More or less.  It looks like 7 "builders" with the potential of a few
"watchers".  The room will not be full by a long shot. Other members of
gnhlug-org are welcome to come along if they want.

[Update: Shawn O'Shea is coming and bringing a system to install. There
was clarification on the fact that the school (via Sterling Hough and
Bill French) will be building one system and Mathew Lind is building
another system, but the two "school systems" were already counted, so
there is only one more system, being Shawn's]

>   Is there a point-of-contact at NHTI we should mention if needed?

Sterling Hough, the department head, but we will have room numbers, etc.
before then.

>   It was mentioned that windows might enable hanging an
>   aerial for OTA reception.  Does anyone have such an aerial,
>   which they could bring? If not, should we procure one?

OTA Feed
- The school has a combo VHF/UHF antenna that seems to be able to pickup
a couple of local stations

>   Are there any group logistics problems we should tackle?  I
> understand everyone is bringing their own Myth-box-to-be, and maddog
> has a brace of tuner cards he is selling, but what about shared
> infrastructure like:
>
> - CDs, DVDs, or other install media?
> - Any servers or network equipment we need to bring ourselves?
> - The usual misc stuff like network cables, coax cables, power cords,
etc.?

There are at most eight systems that I count being installed at this
point:

The Definites:

maddog's
Jarod's
Mathew's
Ben's
Rob's
Sterling and Bill's
Shawn's

and some that were not clear:

Bill Sconce (to build or not to build)

and one definitely not building:

Ted Roach

We can put these beside the systems already sitting on the lab tables
and utilize their monitors, keyboards, mice, and power outlets/cords.

We may want to bring some network cables and a switch to allow people to
install off Jarod's server as well as the CD-ROMS.  I think the school
will have all the co-ax cable we need.

I will bring some blank CD-ROMs and DVDs and we can always make a few.
It takes my CD-Writer only about five minutes to make a CD, max.

maddog
=============List of people and what they are bringing======

maddog:
========

> -Aspire case
> -Athlon 64 4000+
> -onboard digital audio
> -onboard firewire
> -onboard Gigibit NIC
> -onboard USB 2.0
> -GeForce 6 series PCIe video (VGA, DVI, Component, SVid outs)
> -2GB memory
> -(3) 250GB hard drives
> -pcHDTV 5500 tuner card
> -PVR-150 SDTV tuner card w/hardware mpeg2 encoder and FM Radio
> -dvd burner (+-/RW and RAM)

I will also be bringing an external USB/Firewire CD/DVD drive.

I will also have two pcHDTV 3000 cards for sale (one never used, still
in the box).

Jarod Wilson:
=============

> I'll bring a box, but it already has everything on it -- which
> includes a pxe boot server, package trees, etc... I mostly plan on
> helping others, but in down time, I have a few things to work on...

> Shuttle cube, Athlon 64 2900, GeForce 6200 video (or possibly an XGI
> Volari, which I'm tinkering with now), 1GB RAM, onboard audio and NIC,
> Yuan MPG-600GR tuner card (will potentially bring along some others
> for fun).

> I'll have a CD/DVD burner with me, but we should also be able to do
> network installs with what I'm planning to bring.
>
> I'm also planning on bringing something that I've been working on this
> week...Basically, a custom Fedora 7-based installer that includes
> mythtv, all on a single CD. :)

Mathew Lind:
============

> I plan on building a
> combined system.
>

> I know I'll probably be shooting myself in the foot on this one, but I
> already have a Tuner card that I will be using (PVR-350).  Also, I do
> not know if Sterling passed on this link to the rest of the group:
>
> http://g-ding.tv/
>
> MythDora is a Fedora Core based MythTV distro with an auto-installer
> similar to KnoppMyth.

Bill Sconce:
============

> My plan is
>
>   a) Be there to take notes, particularly on behalf of anyone trying
> to build a MythTV based on the "LUG" SuperMicro boards.
>
>   b) Be there to help Alex, who is planning to build one of the "LUG"
> SuperMicro machines.
>
>   c) MAYBE build a "LUG" SuperMicro machine myself, if I scrounge up
> enough parts.  But that's optional -- for me, I'm thinking that a)
> takes priority; I'd just like the pilot to work out well.

Sterling Hough and NHTI
=======================

> NHTI is planning a one-box MythTV installation. Matt has a computer
> ready to go and all we are missing at this time is the HD-5500 cable
> card. We anticipate having one available by March 3rd.

Ben Scott:
==========

> Combined system.

>   I've got my main home PC (actually, my only "working" home computer
> right now).  Dell Precision 380, Pentium 4, 1 GB RAM, 400 GB HDD,
> NVidia Quadro NVS 285 VGA, gig Ethernet, 2 optical drives.  I want to
> install that NTSC/ATSC PC HD TV PCI OMG WTF TMA card I bought through
> you.  I want to have a go at installing the Myth stuff on Fedora 6.
> I've also got free partition space if we want to try a "new from
> scratch" distro.  (I just can't blow away the entire disk.  (Though I
> do make backups in case the worst happens.))

I can bring an external Plextor USB/FireWire CD/DVD-RW, if you want.

Ted Roche:
==========

> I'd like to attend, but more as help and support. I can take notes,
> run cables, go for coffee, etc.
>
> I can also bring a batch of Red Hats and eleven FC6 DVDs so everyone
> can go home with their own.

Rob Lembree:

> I plan to be there, installing on one box.  I'll be installing on a
> 2.4GHz dell box with a 250G disk (ya, i know it's too small...)

Shawn O'Shea