Greg, et. al.,

> I've been reading the MythTV mailing list for several months and have
> been collecting components (and my thoughts).  I'd be interested to
> know
> what your recommendations would be, particularly for the capture card
> (PCR-150?) and the output card (NVidia 5200 family??).  Any
> discussion
> of audio (5.1 and no clue for a card but it would nice if it were
> bundled into one of the other cards).  Are you expecting to use
> Fedora
> Core for the distribution?  I've been using Ubuntu lately and have
> been
> impressed, but I think the MythTV list seems to prefer Fedora.

We have been working on this MythTV "installathon" for some time on the
gnhlug organizer's list.

I sent out this first "announcement" to the greater list just to tell
people what is going on, and to let them reserve the day of March 31st.

All of these questions will be answered (and I can tell you that you are
fairly close with your configuration thoughts), but I beg that the list
wait for a couple of days for us to tally up the information that we got
from the pilot, get the recommendations nailed down, and then send out
the recommended systems, distributions, etc.  I hope it will mean a
better signal-to-noise ratio for the list.

If people want to do something different, with different cards, etc.
then we can consider that over time.  But for right now let's look at an
2N problem rather than an N**2 problem.

And of course if people want to discuss this endlessly on the "discuss"
list in the meantime, that is what it is for (I guess), but I think it
might be better if people wait a day or two to see what the
recommendations are, and why.

Warmest regards,

maddog