kenta <kenta.k...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello org-list members,
>
> I would like to start holding Manchester area LUG meetings.  Can
> someone here provide me any details on what it takes to "officially"
> start a new chapter in GNHLUG?

It's an extremely complicated and convoluted process filled with tons of
red-tape and forms that need to be filled out in triplicate.  But the
short of it is:

1. Have a place to hold meetings.
2. Have a presenter willing to present something of interest
3. Schedule a time and date
4. Announce said meeting (right here on this list, or on gnhlug-announce)
5. Wait for people to show up.

In lieu of 1 and 2, you can just pick a place that sells food and beer,
skip the topic altogether, and just let us know.  Someone is bound to
show up :)

Hope that helps, and good luck with those forms in triplicate!

--
Paul - former reluctant co-chairman of the Nashua GNHLUG chapter...