OK, I see what you're saying. Unfortunately, I don't think that Apache, by
itself, can do UNIX file permission checking (again, I could be wrong here).
You might have to either set up a second protected directory. However, there
might be something of interest/help to you in the AuthGroupConfig section of
the server docs @ http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#accessconfig .
Kenny

Kenneth E. Lussier
FISC-RMS

"The best things (software) in life are FREE"