I'm starting to look for mirroring or RAID options for a linux box I'm going to
upgrade at work.

I'm trying to keep this pretty economical.

I'd love to be able to build the new box on one drive, and once it's ready to
move into place,  take the drive from the box that's currently in service and
make it a mirror of the new drive in the new machine.

>From what I remember of Linux's software mirroring, that wouldn't work so well.
If things have changed, I'd love a pointer to info along these lines.

Are there hardware mirroring/RAID controller options that could do something
like this?  Are any of them inexpensive enough that it would make sense to
re-use the hard drives I already have? (2 4.3 Gb SCSI drives)

I read a review a while ago in Linux Journal of a really nice-sounding RAID
controllers with great Linux support, but they cost over $1000, and I'm
building this box out of existing hardware otherwise.

advTHANKSance,
Adam Johnson