On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Derek Martin wrote:
> Yesterday, Charles Farinella gleaned this insight:
>
> > I need a new soundcard.
> > These are my requirements:
> >     1: It must play sounds from both speakers.
> >     2: It must fit in an ISA slot.
> >     3: It must work in Linux.
> > Does anyone have  a recommendation?

My SB Pro claims to do all of that.  I have however NOT been able to get 16 bit
recordings from the microphone.  This makes cvoicecontrol for example not work.
The checkaudio program seems to think that 16 bit recording should work.  I
have not tried 16 bit recording from line in.  My machine is MS free so it
definitely works in Linux, it is ISA and it is stereo.

This card is probably too old to get these days though. My luck with SB
compatibles has not been good.