On Wed, 30 May 2001, Tony Lambiris wrote:

> Id rather not start a thread about this. In short, Darren's license
> conflicted with OpenBSD's license, so they took it out of the core OS.

IMHO, Darren's being a schnook.  Yes, you write the software, you get to
define the license.  BUT, he went and let them use his software for ages
with the license in its original form, and only after it had been widely
disseminated decided to "clarify" his licensing structure.  The more Theo
steps on him, the happier I'll be.  Furthermore, this isn't something we
Linux folk are immune to; people have changed their licenses before,
though usually not in as ugly a fashion.

$.02...

-Ken