----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Sconce" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Rich C" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Paul Lussier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "gnhlug" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: Debian and IDE tape drive question

> Rich -
>
> Er, while I was writing and proofreading my response to your
> Goodbye message which I just posted to the list, this appeared.
>
> Sounds like "request/offer help on linux-related issues" to
> me.  And here I was busting your chops for deserting us.

The sad part is, I almost missed this help request because of all the other
crap flying around here. And probably everyone else missed it too--which is
why no one else had responded to Ed's call for help.

I don't mind the occasional flame war. I have participated in many myself in
the past. Perhaps what is needed is a FAQ that outlines some posting
guidelines for the group, such as a gentle request to take all flame wars to
comp.os.linux.advocacy or some similar newsgroup. Or perhaps a separate help
list can be created so that members can go and get or give help without
being subjected to dozens of emails a day about essentially nothing, and the
software evangelists and MS bashers can stay here and have a blast.

Rich Cloutier
SYSTEM SUPPORT SERVICES
www.sysupport.com