You can't "just" re-direct a hostname to a full-blown URL.  What you can
do is find someone who offers DNS services (and has a web server) to do it
for you.  What happens behind the scenes is that a request comes in to the
web server at www.bgibson.com, and the web server looks at it, and says,
"I know what to do with this -- I'll point it to www.mydomain.com/bgibson.htm"
So -- if you (or someone who's willing to do it for you) is hosting
www.bgibson.com, they could tweak things around, but otherwise probably
no.  [Note -- if you're willing to cope with the fact that my machine is
occasionally down so I can yell at various hardware, I'll gladly set this
up for you...]

-Ken

P.S.  As opposed to the other two people who've responded while I'm
writing this, I'm assuming that you aren't actually hosting it on your own
box, 'cause otherwise I don't see why you'd be using a remote service to
serve the pages.