On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Jeff Macdonald wrote:
> Thanks, the presenter was me, Jeff Macdonald. Feel free to ask sendmail
> related questions.

  Well, okay, but only since you said so.  ;-)

  We've got a customer that wants certain individuals within their LAN to be
able to send and receive mail from local users (on the same mailhost), but not
be able to send or receive mail from "outside" their organization.
Basically, they are worried that these users would abuse such a mail account,
by spending the whole day chatting with friends, forwarding chain letters and
viruses, etc., etc.  Some users are trusted not to abuse an outside email
address, though, so we can't just firewall SMTP off.  Is it possible to
accomplish this kind of control with Sendmail?

  Red Hat Linux 6.2 running Sendmail 8.9.3, if that matters.

  Proponents of other MTAs, if your particular favorite makes this particular
scenario easy, feel free to speak up... :-)

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>