Whoops! sorry, I meant to include those details.
I'm trying to install a stock version of Redhat 7.0
The install would only come up in text mode (the one
with the mouseless gui) and when it was time to set
up X it told me there was a problem with the configuration.

I have not tried xfree86setup or Xconfigurator yet because
I thought I had some basic problem that was causing X to fail.

I thought the version of X in Redhat 7.0 supported the GForce 2 MX.

I did download the rpm for the card but I haven't had a chance to try

Kenny