I've never really ever gotten mine to work. If I run the stuff manually
I'm ok when the lease fails to renew. But I was in communicado all day
today when after 6 months or so, rcn decided to not renew at 9:30 AM :-(

Here's my current script that doesn't work. Anyone have a clue what I'm
doing wrong?

TIA

#!/bin/bash

exec >> /tmp/dhcpd.log 2>&1
echo $*
cat <<EOF
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
$(date)
PATH = $PATH
Ip Address has changed. It is now $1.
Please run the following commands:
service sendmail stop
service xntpd stop
service pmfirewall stop

Then run:
service pmfirewall start
service xntpd start
service sendmail start

Ok. I will do it.

Also: service fetchmail stop
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
EOF
date
echo PATH=$PATH
service sendmail stop
service ntpd stop
service pmfirewall stop

service pmfirewall start
service ntpd start
service sendmail start

#su -c 'fetchmail -q' -l steveo
#su -c 'fetchmail -f ~/.fetchmailrc-rcn' -l steveo

mail -s "DHCP IP address change to $1." steveo <<EOF
Your ip address has just changed to $1. See /tmp/dhcpd.log for details.
EOF
ddclient -nodaemon
exit 0

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ