> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
> > So instead of revoking the key that was sitting in the key server
> > databases, I submitted a second key.  And you guessed it -- because I
> > hadn't really used the key, I've forgotten the passphrase.  As a result,
> > I can't revoke the key.

It may be possible to try a dictionary attack against the passphrase.
The idea being YOU know vastly better than anyone else what sort of
passphrases YOU come up with.  With that extra knowledge that may vastly
cut down the space that has to be searched...

Ideally, though, the act of coming up with the algorithm to write the
program to perform such a search would jog your memory as to what the