OK, does anyone else see this? Paul and Ben are saying exactly the
same thing: It's a matter of bad programming, not a bad programming
language. Now, the truly amazing thing is that Paul and Ben
actually agree on something. The slightly less astounding fact
is that they are *STILL* arguing, despite the fact that they
agree...

Anywho.... PHP, like Perl, like C, like any other language will
have security holes as long as people write sloppy code. It is
a fact of nature. Yes, PHP has some problems. However, those
problems aren't an issue until someone goes and does something
stupid like write bad code that leaves the hole vulnerable. The
same is true for Perl (see
http://www.coconut-palm-software.com/~perlintro/cgi-security.html).
A great example is "Matt's Script Archive". Great programs. *BAAAAD*
programming. There are all sorts of holes in most of the Perl scripts
found there. This is why there are 200 Perl-related vulnerability
checks in Nessus.

There is no such thing as a "secure" language. The language of and
by itself does nothing. It is not secure or insecure. It is the
person writing the code. Thus buffer overflows, stack-smashing,
elevated rights, etc.

C-Ya,
Kenny

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]: