Has anyone given a talk on Spam control?  I've been fighting it for several
months now and I'm finally making some headway.  Of course, I run my own mail
server so I have a lot more control over what I can do.  I started with
access databases within sendmail and kept spam domains and email address into
it.  After two months I'm up to over 1000 entries.  I've just started using
dnsbl and it's great.  I'm also looking to add/write a Milter, for sendmail,
to allow me to filter on subjects and either mark or discard them.  As
frustrating as it has been, it's been a great learning experience.

To give you an example of some numbers, my server is used by myself and maybe
7 or 8 other people.  Last week, I caught 205 spam messages and trashed them.
 Given that I'm filtering about 1000 messages a month.  Keep in mind this is
just filtering based on entries I reap from my personal email, if I had the
other  7 or 8 feed me address and domains I'm sure I would catch a
significantly higher amount.

Ed