Hi All,

I am in the market for a tape auto changer because I have to re-vamp my
companies backup process. I'm having a little trouble deciding on what
to go wit, though. It will most likely be an HP drive, but I don't know
what type to get: DDS4 vs DLT. The DDS4 changer can hold 6 tapes, with 1
drive, and is a *LOT* less expensive. The drawback is that the tapes are
20/40GB tapes, and I really don't know what our backup needs are going
to be a year from now. Also, if I use Amanda, I can us the 20GB
uncompressed (or does Amanda use compression?). Anyway, I was wondering
what other people were using for backup drives, and looking for any bit
of advice I can get. I hate backups........

C-Ya,
Kenny
"Tact is just *not* saying true stuff" -- Cordelia Chase

Kenneth E. Lussier
Sr. Systems Administrator
Zuken, USA
PGP KeyID CB254DD0