Hi All,

I'm looking for information on load balancing (as the subject line may
have suggested ;-). Specifically, I'm looking for something that acts in
a similar manor to Cisco's Local Director, or ArrowPoint. I want to have
a single box sitting in front of a bunch of web servers that distributes
the load as evenly as possible, and can detect when one of the systems
is down. Now for the catch: not all of the servers are the same OS.
There could be some Linux, some Solaris, and some (insert large amounts
of screaming here) Windows.

I think that LVS might be what I'm looking for, but I haven't finished
reading the linuxvirtualserver.org website, so I'm not really sure. Does
anyone have any suggestions (besides beating the hell out of the person
that wants to run an IIS webserver)?

TIA,
Kenny
"Tact is just *not* saying true stuff" -- Cordelia Chase

Kenneth E. Lussier
Sr. Systems Administrator
Zuken, USA
PGP KeyID CB254DD0