Hi all,

I seem to be suddenly having difficulty with SSH. sshd will not accept
public key authentication. Actually, yes, it accepts public key
authentication, but it still requires the local password. This used to
work fine until I upgraded a few weeks ago to SSH2 (via apt-get). When I
use ssh -v -i id_rsa -l kenny my.host.here, I get a whole loyt of stuff,
but at the end, I get the output below. Does anyone know what happened??

TIA,
Kenny

debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password
debug3: start over, passed a different list publickey,password
debug3: preferred publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_lookup publickey
debug3: remaining preferred: keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled publickey
debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
debug1: try pubkey: id_rsa
debug3: send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup password
debug3: remaining preferred: ,password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
debug1: next auth method to try is password
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:

"Tact is just *not* saying true stuff" -- Cordelia Chase

Kenneth E. Lussier
Sr. Systems Administrator
Zuken, USA
PGP KeyID CB254DD0