On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 04:42:22PM AEDT, ssuk hyun kim wrote:
> I wrote the conf file of upstart like this:
>
> description "firefoxurl daemon"
> start on runlevel [2345]
> stop on  runlevel [!2345]
> script
>     exec /opt/GetCurrentUrlOfFirefox
> end script

I am going to guess here that you are talking about upstart being used in a
desktop user session, something that upstart has been doing since trusty. I
should also note that going forward, systemd will be used in Ubuntu, maybe not
for the user session stuff yet, but at least at a system level.

I suggest you have a look at the upstart jobs in /usr/share/upstart/sessions to
get an idea on how user session jobs are written.

Luke