The SpeechDispatcher API has some limitations which make the user
experience with orca a little less nice - as I understand it,
SpeechDispatcher doesn't support completion/progress tags within an
utterance, it can only tell you when an entire utterance is complete.
While I hear that espeak's quality is quite nice, that may be outweighed
by this limitation.

Many end-users seem to prefer DecTalk for quality of speech over our
current free alternatives, and there's a gnome-speech driver for it that
supports progress markers.  Will Walker or Mike Pedersen will know more
about the details.

regards

Bill