Hi Udayan and Evan;

In the case you mention below, the assistive technology should check for
the presence of the Accessibility_Text interface.  In most cases (i.e.
other than text entry fields, for instance), the assistive technology
should expose the contents of the Text interface to the end-user, not
the 'name' property.  This would solve your problem/issue.

I agree that widget accessible-name properties should be end-user-usable
as well.

regards

Bill