Eric Johansson, le lun. 18 mars 2019 13:44:04 -0400, a ecrit:
> I'm a speech recognition user and quite frankly, almost all the
> accessibility features people have put in place do not work  with speech
> recognition. How can we get our needs injected in the conversation?

By talking about it :)

> about your paper on accessibility input.

It's not a paper, it's a wiki, to be completed :)

> have only  500 keystrokes or mouse movements per day in their
> hands. Speech recognition is essential to take the load off their
> upper extremities.

Right, I missed that, now added.

> I should be able to just say "restart numbering" and have it activate
> that "right click, hunt through the menu and click on the item"
> action.

Right, this is actually supported in at-spi, actionable widgets are
supposed to have a list of actions with a name for each, that can be
used in such a situation (and could be shown to the user so she knows
she can trigger it). I have also added that to the list.

> A variation on this theme is every icon or link on the screen should
> have a name that you can say and the speech recognition  environment
> should be able to query the application for all those names.

Added as well.

> Another thing to pay attention to is selecting a region.

added as well.

> Another way to achieve everything you want is that applications must
> provide accessibility API which sidesteps the GUI  interface.

Yes, but we don't necessarily want to put everything there.

Thanks for your feedback,
Samuel