I have seen this issue on the mailing list for quite some time.  I have also
seen it discussed on the Ubuntu forums and elsewhere.  Many users who
perform a hot-sync with Gnome-Pilot lose their categories!  Gnome-Pilot only
let's you sync your calendar data to "personal", thus, regardless of what
categories you were using on your palm, once the sync is complete they are
now "unfiled".  I need to find a way to hotsync with evolution  without
altering the data on my Palm.

I have a Treo 755p.  My wife has a Palm Centro and she suffers from the same
affliction.
Is this a limitation or is there something I can do to overcome this.

Thanks.

--
Dean Howell
Domain Administrator