On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 05:22:13 Andrea Borgia wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I read Dave's message about this report not being the same it used to be
> in
> 1.4.x and his suggestion to try the Profit/Loss report.
>
> I tried it and it does not give me the same amount of information the old
> report had. Well, it doesn't really give any information about mutual
> funds,
> even if you select them manually in the options.
>
> In particular, would it be possible to re-add the "cost" column in order
> have the gain/loss figure for each fund/stock?

Yes, but it's distinctly non-trivial.

At some stage, I intend to rewrite this function, but better,
using the methods discussed in the deep distant past on the
mailing list.

As I have gone back to uni and am back to a spare-time hacker,
that will commence when I get some.  Anybody else who wants to
hack on it, I'm more than happy to provide pointers.