I have been using moneydance because of OFX support.  Would rather use gnucash, but
alas...

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Derek Atkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Thu 07/02/2002 2:42 PM
        To: James A. Treacy
        Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: Banks dropping support for qif downloads

        "James A. Treacy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

        > Anyway, this is an omen of things to come. If Intuit has anything to do
        > with it, support for qif files will disappear over the next year.
        > Has any work been done on support for other formats?

        Unfortunately the OFX support have been languishing in the
        'experimental' (read: non-working) state for far too long.
        It really shouldn't be too hard to write some scheme or
        even X to parse the OFX XML schema, but nobody has done it
        yet.

        Dontations of developer time would be greatly appreciated.
        I think most of the current developers are already busy with
        other projects.  While OFX is on my "list of things", it's
        behind the business module.

        -derek

               [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        PGP key available