On Sat, 2 Jan 2010, David Shaw wrote:

On Jan 2, 2010, at 11:10 PM, Faramir wrote:

Allen Schultz escribió:
GnuPG-Users:

Is there a way to force an expiration date when encrypting a message
for additional security. I have a friend who is inquiring. I've
already informed him of the "for his/her eyes only" option.

What is that option?

--for-your-eyes-only

But don't think it adds real security. In OpenPGP, the FYEO option just sets a flag in the message that means (in effect), "Pretty please, with sugar on top, treat this as for your eyes only". The recipient is free to ignore the flag and do whatever they like.

Is that analagous to the flag in older versions of PGP that would cause a message to be displayed in a non-printable/non-copyable format?

-Dan

--

I want to see how you see.

-SK, 6/2/99, 4:30 AM