On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, David Shaw wrote:

On Jun 22, 2010, at 11:02 PM, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

It seems there's two interesting problems which inter-relate.

The first is PGP corporation's "global directory", which seems to operate orthogonally from every other keyserver I've seen. It's HTTP-only, not queryable by any of the open-source clients (in fact, it doesn't support wildcard searches at all, and returns a captcha before delivering results), and not SUBMITTABLE to from any of the open source clients.

Not exactly. The GD speaks LDAP, so you can set your keyserver to ldap://keyserver.pgp.com and you can query and submit, etc.

Interesting, I didn't see mention of that. I must try this (assuming I've built with LDAP support, that is, which under BSD is a bit obtuse).

It's also the ONLY keyserver I've seen that supports photo IDs, and actually uses the web interface to show you the person.

The SKS servers (i.e. pretty much everything that isn't the GD) do support photo IDs, but they do not use the web interface to show you the photo.

That was what I meant to imply, perhaps I was unclear.

Are you sure about that? "clean" strips off useless signatures (useless being defined as an invalid signature, a superseded signature, a revoked signature, and a signature from a key that isn't present on the keyring). Signatures from keys that are present, but have no trust value are not stripped off.

Let me double check. I saw it earlier today when transferring my work sig to my personal one. But it might just have been that my coworkers did not have sigs present. It's entirely possible I mangled the windows.

Yup, that's what happened. I had imported my work key to my personal machine, but didn't have the keys of all my coworkers on my personal box, so "clean" decided to be helpful.

I pulled it off the keyserver again, and then pulled down the keys of all my coworkers, and was good.

On a related subject, is there a way to say "pull down the keys of all keyids who have signed key X"?

-Dan

--

"Long live little fat girls!"

-Recent Taco Bell Ad Slogan, Literally Translated.  (Viva Gorditas)