Hello, Dev List,

I'm new to the list here, so please excuse me if this has already been
covered elsewhere.  I'm in the process of downloading the gzipped
archives of the list from earlier, but that will take a while.  In the
meantime:

Has anyone else had a problem with the various dbus implementations
(ruby, python, perl, x11) on Nexenta Core 2?  I'm getting "timed out"
errors in gdm, kdm, along the lines of "Greeter" not responding in
time.  xfce will also complain about thunar not working related to a
messaging or dbus error.

If it's just me, I can try to build dbus from source, or re-install or
build from source xorg, gdm, kdm, etc.  If it's not just me, I could
try to contribute some .deb packages (but no guarantees here on
quality; I may not be good at it).

Again, if this is covered elsewhere, my apologies, and I will work
through the gzipped archives.  If not, please let me know.

I have also used the commercial version of NexentaStor, and I
sometimes have to use older repositories to get any X11 apps working.
I already added them to /etc/sources.list.d/ on the Nexenta Core 2
machine.

Thank You,

William