It sometimes happens that you receive patch files with a different line
formats than the file to patch. Other times you may want to compare two
files that have different line endings. I think that if you work on a
project that is crossplatform or if you happen to get the file or patch
via mail those situations can occur.

Working crossplatform is of course one of the reasons for gnuwin32 to
exist. It would IMHO be very good if patch and diff could handle those
situations. Currently I have been thinking about different ways to fix
this when using patch and diff from inside Emacs, but I wonder whether
that is the way to go. Fixing the patch and diff programs themselves
seems better to me.

Have someone on this list thought about this? Would it be difficult to
do? I would suggest adding a new argument option for this of course.

BTW did someone see my little perl script for downloading of gnuwin32? :

    http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/w32%20util/gnuwin32/

(The html doc is not quite up to date at the moment. And sometimes you
have a problem with the web pages from sourceforge. Other than that it
works I think.)