> > I was able to work around this issue by changing line 396 of download.bat
> > to add a '--max-redirect 10' option to the wget call:
> >     bin\%WGETPROG% --max-redirect 10 --no-cache
> > http://%GETGNUWIN32_SITE%/%UPDATE_NAME%.zip 1>sf_diag.tmp 2>&1
>
> Hi KJ,
>
> Can you reproduce? ...
> Can you explain why you think the zip and sig update files were html and not
> the binary contents?

[Is the normal list etiquette here to Cc thread participants, or just
reply to the list?]

I tried again today, and the problem did not reproduce. However, I've
seen the same issue before with other SourceForge software, and from
other users trying to download from "direct" links (usually using wget
or curl).

I knew the file was not the actual binary because it attempted to
download update94d563d1564001.zip. After running download.bat, I could
open/cat/type update94d563d1564001.zip and see that it was only the
HTML content from the original message. It wasn't a zip file at all.

Anyway, I'm not sure what else to do since it's not reproducing now.